Friday, January 13, 2023

The Menu - Mark Mylod - 2022


★★★★ - Finally getting to this. Pretty solid. Not my favorite food movie, but it was very good. On a personal note, I’ve had more than a few taco Tuesdays like this myself.

The less you know going in, the better. Basically, people go to an upscale, haute restaurant that they don't appreciate like they should. Ralph Fiennes, the chef, makes them regret it. Does not feature cannibalism, by the by. 

I feel like all the patrons were people I went to private school with. Trust fund types that don't find pleasure in anything.

Cast includes Hong Chau from The Whale (she is having a real moment right now), Nicholas Hoult (Beast from the new X-Men movies/the “I live. I die. I live again.” guy from Mad Max: Fury Road) who plays a real piece of shit, John Leguizamo, Judith Light (Angela from Who's the Boss), Janet McTeer (the lawyer in Ozark), and Anya Taylor-Joy from The Witch (she is still killing it), among others.

Was definitely on-brand for me. I've had three people tell me that this was an “AB type of movie.” One guy was like, “I totally have a movie for you. Guess what it is.” Of course, I guessed it on the first try. 

No comments: