Thursday, July 28, 2022

Choose or Die is the greatest movie of all time

Choose or Die
. "I don't see how a video game can kill someone. I mean Pac-Man doesn't go around eating people." Directed by Toby Meakins. Released in 2022 on Netflix. 

I really enjoyed this poorly reviewed flick. A lot of those controlling a player from a game from the 80s movies. Interesting premise. One of several old games coming to phone movies. How many Jumanji knock-offs can there be? Don’t know, assume we are about at the peak here, but I’m a total sucker for them.

Only people I recognize are Asa Butterfield from Sex Education, Iola Evans (the star of the movie) from The 100, and Eddie Marsan from The World's End (among other things). We also hear Robert Englund who lends his voice to the film as himself. 

Picture was so dark I could barely see it at times. Even with the picture all the way up on the darker scenes I could barely see anything.

There’s some real moments in this movie. There’s a scary-ass rat scene where the main girl controls her mom like in a video game. Eerie industrial music heightens the suspense. 

Sort of falls apart briefly when they put it in a “cheat code”. Hey, it’s still winning in my book. Some games, like Mike Tyson’s Punch Out, were impossible without a cheat code. But it completely rebounds during the “Boss Battle”. It’s a truly amazing scene. It’s seriously dope.

Ending sets up at sequel that I would totally watch.

No comments: