Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Dead Man’s Shoes - Shane Meadows - 2004

★★★★★ - Revenge flick. Not quite horror, but it is horrific. Great, great film. Super fucked up.

David Fincher/Christopher Nolan-esque. Black and white when in the past. Mind-blowing twists. Definite influences.

Pretty ingenious. Guy escalates his “pranks” on a group of assholes as we see what they did to his handicapped brother. As that stuff gets more fucked up so does his revenge plot.

There is a scene where they go to this woman’s house who they forced to have sex with the handicapped kid where all of them are in this tiny car. We’re talking six dudes in a smart car type of shit. A literal clown car pretty much. They are the type of guys that when having someone come at them, they choose to drink their ass’s off and do cocaine and weed to prep. I might want to be clearheaded in that situation, but what do I know. 

Gets progressively way more fucked up as the movie goes on. Illustrates that revenge fantasies aren’t really all they’re cracked up to be. Though I am an atheist, I’ll say this guy NEEDS Jesus. I don’t have that in me, I don’t think. “I am the monster.“ Maybe if I was in a situation like that but who knows. Warning, this is not an easy watch. I cannot stress this enough. Incredible film though.

No comments: