Monday, August 15, 2022

Surviving the Game is the great movie of all time

Surviving the Game. "I like my meat RARE!" "Try well-done, Bitch!"

Directed by Ernest R. Dickerson in 1994, this insane flick was a staple in my household through junior high. Dickerson’s second after Juice. His next two were Demon Knight and Bulletproof. What a four-film run. He was also the cinematographer for Def By Temptation

One of several "The Most Dangerous Game" ripoffs where rich dudes hunt people with an all-star “that guy” lineup. 

Stars Ice-T, Rutger Hauer, Charles S. Dutton, John C. McGinley, Gary Busey (whom I share a birthday with), and F. Murray Abraham. 

Like I said, I feel like it was on all the time when I was younger and I watched it every time I saw it come on. I watched it probably 10 times then. 

As an adult, it holds up! But it is ridiculous. Not that it wasn't then either. Still love it. 

No comments: