Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Running with the Devil: The Wild World of John McAfee

Running with the Devil: The Wild World of John McAfee - Two Stars 

Charlie Russell 

2022 

From watching this documentary, which is entertaining, you never know that McAfee was a piece of shit rapist. The whole murderer he’s accused of is also painted in a very sympathetic light. If somebody poisoned my dog, I’d probably fucking kill that dude too, but the gist of this movie is he probably didn’t do it, if he did he was justified, and in the end who cares. 

Every other documentary I’ve seen about this guy, the famous Gringo one from 2016 and several others on YouTube, leads me to think this guy was a huge piece of shit.  I’ve long been on the fuck that guy train. That this movie is pro McAfee is pretty problematic and likely non-factual. 

Spoiler. At the end of the movie McAfee’s ex girlfriend, Samantha Herrera, says that she got a call from him a couple weeks after he was found dead and that he wanted her to run away with him. Since then, she has said in interviews, “What I said was I got a call from Texas from someone saying it was John, who said he was still alive in Spain. I told the film’s makers that I didn’t know if it was him or someone posing as him. I said that on film, but it wasn’t used.”

No comments: